1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a food processor, pulse the graham crackers until they resemble coarse crumbs. Transfer the crushed graham crackers into a medium bowl, add in the butter, and mix together until the mixture begins to form larger crumbs.
3. Pour the mixture into a springform pan and use hands to press the mixture until a firm ¼-inch base forms.
4. Bake crust for about 10 minutes, or until the crust is slightly darker.
5. To make the filling, in a small bowl combine the sugar, cornstarch, and salt and set aside. In another small bowl, add the milk and whisk in the egg yolks.
6. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat melt the butter, add the sugar mixture and the milk-egg mixture, stirring to combine. Heat and whisk the mixture until boiling. Let the mixture boil for around 1 minute as the mixture thickens. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla. Allow the filling to cool in refrigerator for minutes.
7. Spoon and evenly spread the chilled filling into the graham cracker crust. Incorporate the pear slices onto the top of the filling, laying them around the exterior working your way inward.
12 graham crackers
6 Tbsp butter, melted
Pastry Crème Filling
⅓ cup sugar
¼ cup cornstarch
Sprinkle of salt
1 ¾ cups milk
4 egg yolks
1 Tbsp butter
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
4 pears, thinly sliced